It is frustrating when you are watching YouTube videos and cannot lock the screen since YouTube does not offer the ‘lock’ option while streaming videos.
This can be detrimental to you whenever you touch the screen by chance and pause or forward or rewind the video (a few examples).
Here we describe the multiple ways How to lock the YouTube Screen on both Android and Apple devices.
What is the best way to lock the YouTube screen on Apple Devices?
when you watch YouTube Videos on the iPhone, you can lock the screen by using the screen lock feature. To do this, follow these steps:
Open the chrome browser and enter the YouTube Link for watching videos.
- Click the three dots displayed on the top of the YouTube page. These three dots showed on the right corner of the YouTube page.
- Follow the three dots, a list will be open and then click on the “setting.
- Under Setting, you will find the option “general,” which will be discussed next.
- When the “General” option is selected, select “Accessibility”.
- Last you will find the option “Guided Access” under the Accessibility options and this is the last feature you need to enable.
- Turn on the Guided Access feature mostly it is not functioning.
- when you turn on/off the locking feature, you will be asked for a password you can modify it as per your requirement.
- When you have completed the password, you will be unable to view the video without interruption.
- Under Settings > General > Accessibility, you will find Guided Access.
- The “Guided Access” option can be turned on right from the main screen on the iPhone.
On Android, how do you lock the YouTube screen?
On the Android Phone, the feature is available to lock the screen for any app you can use for YouTube videos. You can lock the full screen of your Android phone or you can lock only the application screens. You can use the same feature for YouTube.
People who are using this feature only for YouTube are unable to use it for any other app.
There are the steps for enabling the screen pinning.
- On your Android Phone, Go to Setting there is one Gear icon.
- On the drop-down menu go to the “security” tap.
- Then select the “advance security option” or “more security settings” depends on the devices.
- “Screen pinning” is one of the advanced features found on the advanced feature menu
- The screen pinning option can be found under “lock screen and security” on Android devices.
- Now you can on/Off the screen pinning on your Android device.
- Screen pinning path is setting > security > Advance security or More security.
Locking YouTube with a browser
You can lock the screen when you open the YouTube videos on the browser on both Android and IOS devices.
How to Play YouTube Videos via Mozilla Firefox on Android?
You Can use the Screen Locking Feature on Android when using Mozilla Firefox.
When using an Android device, you should open YouTube videos through the Mozilla Firefox browser instead of utilizing the YouTube application.
make sure that open the direct URL in Mozilla Firefox, sometimes its redirect on the YouTube Application.
- To open the menu, click the three dots in the upper right-hand corner of the page.
- in the drop-down menu open the desktop site.
- It is also possible to lock your phone, and the music will continue to play even if you do this. If you need to skip through the video, pause it, play it, or do anything else, you have to unlock it.
The Mozilla Firefox browser is a free application to download whenever to want to use it.
How to play YouTube Videos via Google Chrome browser on android?
Playing videos on The Google Chrome Browser is quite similar to the Mozilla Firefox Browser.
By default, Chrome is the browser that is installed on your phone, so you can watch YouTube videos on it with ease.
You should still be able to hear the audio despite locking your phone.
Due to Google’s integration, you can control the stop and play functions from your lock screen, which is an unintentional yet nice feature.
If you want to do this, you must know that your Google chrome browser is running in desktop Mode.
- First, open your Google Chrome Browser on your Android phone and click on the three dots to open the menu that is available in the upper right corner of your main page.
- Now the second one is from the drop-down menu select the Desktop mode.
- A more prominent, desktop-themed website will display when you select the desktop mode. Trying this solution may help you fix the video playback issue when using Chrome in mobile mode.
The Awful thing is that you not be able to lock the screen on the playback option when you are using the google chrome browser in desktop mode.
Having the ability to lock your screen is still preferable to not having it at all.
How to Play YouTube Videos Through the Safari Browser On iOS
There is some recommendation for iPhone and an iPad user who wants to watch YouTube videos on their iOS devices without any disturbance.
Open the YouTube URL on the Safari browser and follow the steps to watch the YouTube Videos on IOS devices:
- Click the three dots on your Safari browser’s upper right-hand corner of your main safari page.
- Select the Desktop on the Dropdown menu.
- You can access the required video via Safari’s web browser and then play it directly from the web page. YouTube videos should continue to play even if your iPhone or iPad is locked when you are using Safari to play them.
The Mozilla Firefox web browser should be able to perform the same task on iOS devices. You can also control the playback of the video with the free Firefox browser.
With the screen off, how do you play YouTube music?
You will still hear the audio if you touch the home button and exit out of the YouTube app. As a result, it drains a lot of battery power and raises the device’s temperature.
Here we see how to play YouTube music on Android and Apple devices when the screen is off (you cannot use YouTube Premium).
How to Play YouTube Music in the Background on Android?
YouTube allows you to watch videos instead of listening to music.
Among the world’s largest and most popular video hosting services, YouTube has no surprise.
The YouTube app on Android makes it possible to listen to YouTube music in the background. Leaving Firefox now, go to YouTube and select the video you wish to watch.
It may appear at this point that you are redirected to the mobile app; do not use it.
For opening YouTube in a browser, Go to YouTube.com. It automatically redirects to m.youtube.com when you open it from a mobile device (the mobile website). YouTube’s desktop site will only load if we force it to do so manually.
Form Options you must select the Desktop site. Open a YouTube video and then off your computer screen. Now you can listen to the YouTube audio even your screen is off.
If the audio has stopped, use the volume up/down buttons on your device to resume playback.
Use Brave or Dolphin and manually open youtube.com from the browser for the best results. Firefox is not recommended. Depending on your smartphone model, you can listen to YouTube audio with a few of these apps.
If the audio playing is still broken, pull down the notification drawer and select play from the audio controls there. This must be visible.
Note that some browsers have a power-saving option like a Brave, you must be disabled when you want to continue listening to YouTube audio when the screen is off.
On iPhone, you can listen to YouTube music in the background
There are some difficulties with listening to YouTube music in the background on iPhone, but you can do it. For this purpose, you can use the iOS browser instead of the YouTube application. Amazingly, Safari appears to support this.
With the built-in YouTube app on an iPhone, most of the steps will be the same. Open Safari browser and play YouTube Video and open the desktop version.
With the iOS 10 or earlier operating version, the Safari browser has some issues, you can try the Opera Mini. The other steps are the same, and it works fine.
You must press the lock button once to turn on the light again. Make sure you don’t open the security on your phone. Now that the music has stopped playing, you should see the playback controls.
As soon as you press the play button, the audio starts playing. If you don’t see the music controls swipe up from the bottom of the screen to open the control center. The music widget is there if you enable it in the setting menu.
Play YouTube music in the Background with YouTube Client.
YouTube delivers one of the best APIs that is used by a wide range of applications to display its expansive video collection. One of the best app is NewPipe, which you can get on F-Droid instead of the Google Play Store.
When your screen is off. You can play YouTube music in the background. Yes, you can use the app for free, lets we talk about it here.
For the installation of these types of apps, you must allow the installation of apps from unknown sources in the setting Developer option. Now you can listen to your favorite videos on your phone.
When you start watching videos the app will take Fullscreen. For more options, press and hold the screen for a second time. Then you have to select Headphones, you are all set. Now with this app feature, you can lock your phone and play music in the background.
The application is not required headphones, but this is the option. On the lock, the screen speaker is working perfectly. Now you can also control the playback music when the screen is the lock.
Reade More :
- How To Examine And View Android Logs
- How Can I Prevent My Microphone From Picking Up Sound?
- On A Chromebook, How Do You Get Around The Administrator?
- How Can I Prevent Google Play Store From Opening When I’m Using Another App?
- What Are Files Ending In.Com.Google.Chrome? Is It Possible To Delete Them?